The 10 lipstick brands and shades that contain the most lead, according the FDA study.
1. Maybelline’s Color Sensation in Pink Petal. (Lead content: 7.19 ppm)
2. L’Oreal Colour Riche in Volcanic. (Lead content: 7.00 ppm)
3. NARS Semi-Matte in Red Lizard. (Lead content: 4.93 ppm)
4. Cover Girl Queen Collection Vibrant Hues Color in Ruby Remix (Lead content: 4.92 ppm)
5. NARS Semi-Matte in Funny Face. (Lead content: 4.89)
6. L’Oreal Colour Rich in Tickled Pink. (Lead content: 4.45)
7. L’Oreal Intensely Moisturizing Lipcolor in Heroic. (Lead content: 4.41)
8. Cover Girl Continuous Color in Warm Brick. (Lead content: 4.28)
9. Maybelline Color Sensational in Mauve Me. (Lead content: 4.23)
10. Stargazer lipstick in shade ”c.” (Lead content: 4.12)
A full analysis of all 400 varieties is available here
— Washington Post
FDA Releases A New Report: High Levels Of Lead Found In Lipsticks And Makeup Products
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has recently announced some startling news about highly dangerous levels of lead found in many lipstick products.Maybelline’s Color Sensational Lipstick in Pink Petal came in first for having the most lead of those tested by the FDA. It was followed by a long list of four-hundred lipsticks found to have some level of lead in the formulation. (Check out the Top 10 lipstick brands and shades with high levels of lead here!)
The FDA analyzed hundreds of lipsticks and found varying levels of lead in each one. The FDA does not have an official limit regarding lead in cosmetics, but does limit the amount of lead in additives.